Monday 4 May 2015

Man Up! it's called being a Father

Brother

I am writing this letter to you, but the words are so sharp that my conscious being cannot help but think that this is a personal attack from my subconsciousness. But no it is not an attack rather a call to the individual inside of me to stand and Man Up!, to stop hiding behind the weakness that became the monster my father hid away from then transformed him to an abandoner, the only face of the father I know and can remember. This is a call to a man that is a prisoner to a young broken boy that he once was, but now that young boy controls his inability to love, protect and guide. 

Time and time again when I stumble and I'm hurt in my quest as a lover, brother, father then I am told to Man Up!. Man Up! you say? I have tried to Man Up! but in the absence of a clear understanding nor definition of this Man Up! theory we continue to fail for we do not know what defines this term Man Up, I have Maned Up! and ended hurting those I was suppose to protect, became a monster to the ones who initially saw a hero in me, Man Up! you say. Well I have been turned stone-cold in this journey of Manning Up, tigers don't cry, you are strong, faster, smart, am I? Pardon my ignorance but am I not human, can I not feel pain?

Well brother, today I am going to tell my son this: Son, I love you, I appreciate you, I am not always right and do not have answers to all questions but I have the knowledge of what I wish for you and that is to be human. To treat women as Princesses, to pray, to say thank you and pleasure, to remember that your mother is a Queen and deserves all your respect always, I want you to cry when you are hurt, I did but just had never let anyone see me, you are brilliant, don't worry about Manning Up it is built in you, work hard, smile, respect others. Well there is one thing I have always battled don't fall prey to it, forgive yourself you are only human. Now that you can read this letter, it means you have found out that I cannot beat all the wrestlers, I'm not faster than flash and have nothing on Superman. Disappointed? Well son I don't want to Man Up! I want to be a father. 

Brothers let your sons know....

Yours 
Retired Super Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment