Sunday 5 April 2015

Who knows God personally? - Letter to Religion

To you


The most faithful, the godly, the righteous as you would like to be called. This is a letter to you in an attempt to talk to you about God, what do I know about God you ask me? Well let us just say I know that we are far from where we are suppose to be. Everyday I am reminded of how spirituality has been reduced to religion, how different groups of people would discriminate, kill in order to be the right ones. Every time I speak with individuals of a certain faith I am reminded why people have given up on religion, how many perish in the world rather than come closer to God because of the very same people who preach to be the ambassadors of faith. 

Oh how you have killed each other and the innocent that dare to find themselves in the middle of your battle, Everywhere around me I see a bloodbath of religion, the crusades that killed over a million people around 1095-1272, The Inquisition in 1484 that saw an estimate of 350 000 innocent men, women and children  butchered, The Witch-hunts from 1484 until 1692, September 11, Gwoza in Nigeria, Garissa in Kenya, Islamic jihads, Arab-Israel conflict, etc. How do you expect me to follow your God? The God that condones for those who think and believe differently be killed? How do I believe your teachings when you speak of love and forgiveness while you butcher those you are in disagreement with. How do I buy into your paradise in the forever when you can't live in peace with each other in the today, how can I believe in the blessings of your God when those around you starve while you live in utter comfort and luxury?

Oh you religious followers, has any of you ever wondered what your role in the kingdom of God is, have you asked yourself what your purpose is? Do you still remember what the principles of your religion are, the cornerstone of your existence? The teachings of Muhammad, The sacrifice of Jesus, The Peace of Buddah, do you still remember the reasons of what you are doing? Oh you mortal souls of religion, is your God the God of vengeance and not forgiveness, a God of killings and not healing, the Master of Poverty and not Blessings, is your God the one that condemns. Wasn't your role to heal, love and bless others, does God still live in you? What if religion is only poetry? Well I doubt this letter will bring any change in you while the Holy Book couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment